Experience as an Intern

Internship Experience

Looking for an internship can be sometimes frustrating. There is a lot of opportunities out there, but sometimes it is very hard to find one for you. I think that if you are looking to be an engineer, any kind of engineering job can help you get experience. For example, I am studying mechanical engineering at Jacksonville University and my first internship was at a civil engineering company

    In general, most of the engineers have to deal with similar working environments and tasks. As a ME, you could be designing the newest medical equipment on specific software or actually machining a new part that you are working on. As a CE, instead of creating a piece of new medical equipment you could be designing the infrastructure of a building or inspecting the ground of a new construction. In general, you can relate most tasks with other branches of engineering without getting into specifications. This is why I decided to intern with a CE company. Also, as I said earlier sometimes it is very challenging to find an internship that fits your purpose and they offered me everything I needed and more that I could not have thought about before accepting it. Sometimes opportunities come in different shapes and you have to be able to recognize it.


    The purpose of the internship I formed part of was to learn how to work and interact in a working environment, develop new skills with the computer programs they provided, and improve the overall working skills necessary to join a company in the future. Eastern Engineering Group offered me the opportunity to learn from the knowledge of a group led by some professional engineers of a small company as this one is. The job was offered as Auto CAD drafter looking for a full-time intern. 

    My daily routine started at 7:00 am and finished at 4:00 pm. I had to work with different departments that are in charge of different parts of engineering. One day I could start working for the windows and doors department, and in the afternoon once I finished my project I would change to the structure department. They have their peculiarities and sometimes the type of job is completely different. Also, I had to pick up jobs of maintenance and updating the software for the company.

    The overall experience at the company was excellent, and I decided to use it as my internship credit at school. In order to get the credits for it I had to create a document where I have the details of the job in more depth and also create a presentation. 
    Here is the complete project "Eastern Engineering Group Internship 2019"

© Copyright dalejandro.com. All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a million ways to pay for college

The Sentinel

Finding a Job during COVID-19 as a senior in college