Finding a Job during COVID-19 as a senior in college

    Getting a job after graduation is one part of the American dream as a college student that comes from another country. I have been doing internships in the past three years to get the necessary experience that any employer wants to see in their applicants. 

    Besides this, I have also been working on my Resume and my LinkedIn profile. Basically, I have been trying to build a well-rounded profile for myself in order to stand out a bit compared to other applicants that are trying to accomplish the same as me.   



    Also, I have polished my web page to highlight a few of my life accomplishments in academics and sailing.
    Nevertheless, I am getting closer to graduating and I have not heard back from any of the multiple jobs that I have applied for.  This is a major setback for my career, but I have to realize that these are hard times for everyone trying to find a job. Me, as an almost graduate with limited experience in the field might not be as attractive as someone with a few years of experience.

    But I try to look at this as a challenge, it means that I have to be more creative and also gain more experience in the meantime. I did not come to the United States to have a pandemic stop me from achieving my goals. It might slow me down a little but will never stop me from trying my best. This is why I am sharing with you this post to try to share my situation with whoever might concern in the hopes of finding a suitable job to start my career. 

    I am finishing my senior year at Jacksonville University with a major in Mechanical Engineering.  I am working on my senior project to research and develop a more reliable and precise way to screen people to find any COVID-19 symptoms that might show possible infection. My team and I will present this project in the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)  later this spring. Besides my senior project, throughout my years studying and doing internships I have gain experience in multiple programs. For example AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Fusion360, LabVIEW, Matlab, and Microsoft Office

    If you are interested in giving me a chance to prove myself please do not hesitate in contacting me. I live in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area, so any job within 50 miles will fit my commuting capabilities. Also, if not you but someone you know is looking for a Mechanical Engineer please share this with them. 

Thanks to everyone reading this, hope you have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a million ways to pay for college

The Sentinel